The process of getting your leads to the right place
There’s a lot going on behind the scenes, but remember, lead management is about:
- Capture – Collecting leads (through forms, lead lists, and social media), then storing the information in your database.
- Qualifying – figuring out whether they’re ready to engage with you or not. And if they’re not ready, nurturing them with content that helps them get acquainted with you.
- When they’re ready to engage, distributing the lead to the sales resource who can best help them.
- Using analytics – reporting on how successful you’ve been and what’s driving sales.
Benefits of Lead Management
Using Lead Management improves sales and marketing efficiencies, and generates more business. Numbers vary, but as many as 80% of leads generated by marketing do not receive follow-up. In many cases leads are ignored by sales because they’re unqualified. In other cases, leads don’t receive the information that helps them choose your products or services.
A good lead management system addresses these issues and more.
- Money and time is saved by no longer using manual processes to capture and distribute leads.
- Leads are qualified – sales people and resellers will pay attention, and close rates will increase due to focus on sales-ready leads.
- Leads not ready to purchase will automatically receive information that helps them make a decision, reducing marketing costs and increasing sales conversions.
- Leads are quickly delivered to the right sales person, meaning faster and more accurate follow-up and a shorter sales cycle.
- Knowledge is developed showing which marketing programs generate sales and which waste money.
- Lead Management works. Companies that automate lead management see a 10% or greater increase in revenue in 6-9 months (Source: Gartner Research).
Where are all the places someone can find out about or talk to your company? Understanding this lets you begin the process of lead capture. We use our Touchpoint Recorder® module in incommand to gather leads from all sources, including your website, email campaigns, lead nurturing, trade shows, content downloads, webinars, direct marketing campaigns, third party lead sources, social media, and more. Once captured, records are validated, scrubbed, deduped and posted to your database in incommand.
Along the way, we collect information about additional times a lead interacts with your company. They may attend a follow-up webinar. They may visit several pages on your website. They may respond to a promotional offer you sent. All of these follow-on activities are posted to the contact record and stored in the incommand database. This lets you deliver the right content for further engagement and makes sure the sales person know what’s happened so far. When analyzed, this information also tells you what lead sources and marketing campaigns are generating results.
Not all leads are ready to purchase. But how can you tell which ones are ready and which ones aren’t?
Lead qualification cuts down on the guess work – it gives your leads a score that tells how close they are to buying. This score is determined by lead behavior, website activity, lead source and more. Some leads are ready to purchase right away. In this case, they’re distributed immediately to sales. Other leads may have a score that demonstrates interest, but additional information is needed for them to choose your product or service. These leads will be monitored and nurtured until their score says they’re ready to purchase.
Your sales process is unique. We work with you to understand the behaviors, actions and total score that shows when a lead is ready to purchase. We then reflect that in a customized lead scoring plan for all of your leads.
Leads convert better when they are sent to the right sales person. This can be challenging when go to market strategies involve complex mixes of resellers and direct selling offices. These strategies may have to contend with:
- Competing/overlapping territories
- Differences in product focus, expertise or capabilities
- Major accounts assignments
- Lead sources tied to specific program funding
- Where a lead has been sent before
The incommand platform contains a lead distribution rules engine that accommodates these complexities. We allow clients to customize automated distribution rules and create decision trees with an easy to use drag and drop tool. Choose from a selection of flexible distribution rules like:
- Round Robin
- Major Accounts
- Proximity / Radius
- Historical Match
Or use additional rules that route leads according to:
- Vertical Market
- Lead Source
- Sales Channel
- Keyword Filter
- Company Size or Type
- Product Interest
Mix and match any of these rules for your specific go to market strategy. You can make it as simple or complex as you want and test as you go. In the end, incommand will quickly and accurately distribute your leads for prompt action and increased conversion.